Each week the Changemakers podcast shares stories of transformation through conversations with leaders using technology to drive change. Focused on how these leaders are using technology to make the world a better place, hosts Omar Abbosh and will.i.am recently sat down with our CEO Terry Myerson to talk about building a company during the pandemic with a vision to save lives with data.
“If they can pull it off, we as a society benefit.” – will.i.am
You can listen to the full episode here: Saving Lives with Data: Terry Myerson
Some of our favorite takeaways from the episode:
- The pandemic created a moral imperative for health systems to come together and create something bigger than themselves in the pursuit of better patient care. It also pushed Truveta to build a platform where data will update daily. If we were just working with data around Parkinson’s or heart disease, it could have maybe been monthly, even annually. The rapid speed of change and urgency from the Covid-19 pandemic requires real time data.
- As a company, we are laser focused on our data being completely transparent and reproduceable. This transparency will help us create trust as a currency in the healthcare space and accelerate knowledge through researchers and clinicians using our platform.
- Everyone who has access to Truveta data must agree to protect patient privacy. We use third parties to audit our process and confirm no one can be reidentified based on the data in our platform.
- We are committed to bringing transparency to health inequities. Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) data from our partners at LexisNexis Risk Solutions will give us many more attributes about society to better inform us about these issues.
- Any doctor, regardless of where they are in the world, should have access to the best knowledge to help their patients.